We are fortunate in being able to cellar our wines and to release them only when they are suitably matured.
At harvest time, to ensure premium quality wines, viticulturist Gwyn Williams liaises closely with winemakers to ensure our grapes are picked at their optimum for sugar levels (brix).
Riesling and Gewürztraminer are immediately crushed and fermented as juice in stainless steel tanks. Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes are juiced with skins on and fermented in French oak barriques (approx. 2-5 years old) for approx.12-14 months.
We do NOT use egg, milk or fish fining products. Some gelatine is used only on white wine juice pre-fermentation. The whole winemaking operation – from crush to bottling and storage – is only a short distance away from the vineyard.
Buy our wine online
- Waipara River Estate 2011 Riesling SVR
- Waipara River Estate 2012 Riesling SVR
- Waipara River Estate 2013 Riesling SVR
- Waipara River Estate 2014 Riesling SVR
- Waipara River Estate 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon SVR
- Waipara River Estate 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon SVR
- Waipara River Estate 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon SVR
You can order online through our store.Buy our wine online
Only customers 18 years of age or older may purchase wine from Waipara River Estate. We can provide mixed case lots on request. Please email us for wholesale rates and for bulk orders at highly competitive rates. Overseas based customers, please email us.